- 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 can cherry pie filling (or blueberry if you prefer)
- Whip cream cheese until fluffy.
- Mix together the next three ingredients.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate until chilled through.
This is a great make ahead recipe for a party. Prep time is 15 minutes. My grandmother used to make this for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. I would keep sneaking back to the refrigerator for more. One year I probably ate 1/2 of the pan. Of course Grandma used her own graham cracker crust. It’s been modified through the years to make it simpler.
Grandma always called this her cherry cheesecake. It’s probably misnamed because it’s not a true cheesecake – it’s more of a pie. But since I didn’t taste true cheesecake until I was in my twenties, I can’t bring myself to change the name.