- 1 Cup Butter
- ½ C Powdered Sugar
- 2 ¼ C. Flour
- ¼ t. Salt
- 1 t. Vanilla
- ¾ C. Ground Nuts
- Pre-Heat Oven to 325 Degrees
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Combine remaining ingredients
- Form into ½ Inch Balls
- Bake on an Ungreased Cookie Sheet Until They Start to Change Color (Approx. 12 Minutes)
- Don’t Let the Cookies Brown!
- When Cookies are Still Warm, Roll in Powdered Sugar Until Well Coated.
This recipe is comes from my Grandma who lived in Cullman, Alabama. My mom always made these cookies for us around the holidays and used pecans, which were sent to her from an ancient tree in the front yard of my Great Uncle Karl’s place (which is now a living history farm www.peinhardtfarm.com). I hope your family enjoys these buttery cookies this winter. –Bonnie Swanson