- 6 – 8 eggs
- 3 – 4 cups sugar
- 2 gurgles of vanilla
- dash of salt
- 2 quarts of half and half
- 3 – 4 cups of favorite fruit (optional)
- whole milk to fill container
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients, mix well.
- Pour filling into freezer
- Add ice and rock salt to ice cream freezer
- Operate per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Optional – When the ice cream starts to get hard, enlist small child to sit on freezer.
This is my father’s recipe and some of the measurements are his. A gurgle is aprox. 1 tablespoon.