- 8 T olive oil (divided)
- 3 T sugar
- 3 T unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 T soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 pkg Oriental ramen noodles, coarsely broken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 1 bag (10oz) spinach leaves
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Whisk 6 T oil, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce in small bowl to blend. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 T oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add ramen noodles (reserve seasoning packet for another use), almonds and sesame seeds. Stir until noodles, nuts and seeds are toasted and golden – about 8 minutes.
- Pour contents of skillet into large bowl and cool 10 minutes. Add spinach and green onions to the bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat.
Makes 6 servings
Optional – add chicken breast to salad.