- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. allspice
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, plus two yolks
- 9-inch deep dish pie shell, baked (or two regular crust shells)
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a saucepan, heat pumpkin, salt and spices to blend flavors, about 5 minutes. Add milks, cook until heated through.
- Puree eggs and yolks in a blender. With the blender running, add pumpkin mixture a spoonful at a time. Blend to form a silky texture. Pour warm filling into pie shell(s).
- Bake until a thin-bladed knife inserted near the center of the pie comes out clean – about 45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
I found this recipe in the Sunday Parade magazine one Thanksgiving. Pam Anderson was the author.